Monday, October 1, 2012

20 pounds of cancer

 I've been working out 6 times a week, mixing it up the whole time and I can't seem to budge the scale.  So, last night I turned to Dr.Google and searched, losing weight gained during breast cancer. Now my catch phrase during this whole ordeal (I swear I do not mean to offend anyone, I'm just trying to make myself laugh) has been "really, bald, fat and cancer, anything else to add to the plummeting self-esteem train, oh yeah, one nipple down." Back to Dr.Google, it said that it is a misnomer that most women with breast cancer lose weight rather, due to the drugs, decrease in activity, craving for comfort food, most women gain 5-20 pounds. The other thing it said was that one year of cancer ages you 10 years. Seriously, so now I'm 50. If I don't laugh at this I am seriously going to cry. So, I chose to laugh, keeping working out and start working on my diet. Blah  I think I'll have to start tonight because I just had flan and Blanco Taco. Eek!

Thanks again for reading and I hope this gives you a giggle or a smile.

2 comments:

  1. No matter what your weight, you are a seriously gorgeous woman! Not in the "wow, you're pretty" way, but in the "wow, objectively, you can stop traffic because you are so striking" way. So I hope that lunch was amazing, and keep in mind that you are going to continue to be beautiful whether you have tacos for lunch or wheatgrass smoothies ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek wheatgrass smoothie, I'll take the tacos. Thank you for your sweet and kind words. Sending you a big hug.

      Delete