For those of you who know me I tend to be a rule follower and if I break a rule, no matter how big or small, I can't keep it a secret for long and the guilt usually gets the best of me.
Radiation Rule #1: Don't shave the area you are getting radiation. I lasted 2 weeks. I shaved.
Radiation Rule # 2: Don't use deodorant with aluminium (pretty much most of the deodorants at the grocery store have aluminium in them). I tried Gabi's idea of using the "bad" deodorant on my shoulder rather than my armpit, desperate times call for desperate measures. If you live in Arizona and it's still over 90 degrees in October, you can't be willy nilly with your deodorant. So, I broke down and used, as Gabi likes to call it the, "cancer deododant."
I told Gabi that I broke the rules and she was curious to see if I would get in trouble. So, laying on the radiation table first thing Monday, feeling guilty, but the nurses don't say anything, so I don't say anything. Tuesday comes and I can't keep quite about my broken rules, I do my confessions have naked on the radiation table. I didn't get in trouble woot woot. They then tell me, "it's ok to shave a few times through the process, just not everyday." Hello, gorilla armpit would have appreciated that information in the beginning of this process. I haven't said anything about the deodorant cause I think I'll really get in trouble for that. But a good friend of mine gave me a suggestion. La Vanilla has a safe deodorant and it smells heavenly. I got the Vanilla/Lavender and now Gabi and I have a "non-cancer" deodorant that does the trick.
No comments:
Post a Comment