Monday, October 29, 2012

Radiation Meditation

Ever find life just flying by.....so busy that you don't have time to think? You just do, cause you know what has to get done. Maybe sometimes we do so that we don't have to think. Think about the decisions we've made, the decisions we are making, how these decisions are going to effect the future. But, even if we are thinking, things still have to get done, you just can't stop. Right?!  Radiation makes me stop and think.  I'm held captive by the radiation machine.  I can't move, so I can't multi-task.  I can't be doing laundry and dishes at the same time.  I can't be making breakfast and packing lunch.  I can't be driving and talking on the phone, catching up on calls.  I can't be Facebooking and texting at the same time. It makes me stop, think and really pray (not just the before food and before bed prayers).  Sometimes during these "stops," I feel good and refocused and sometimes after these "stops," I feel scared. Am I making the right choices?  Am I making myself heard or just going with the flow so that the flow isn't interrupted. At least when I'm just doing doing doing, I'm doing something.  I'm getting things done, but I'm questioning if that is the right thing after all.

Only 8 more to go, 8 more radiation meditations.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment