Yup, that is what my daughter told me on Sunday. Holy moly are your armpits hairy, really breaks down how sexy I feel through this radiation process. So, what do I do? Monday morning first thing at radiation I ask the radiation nurse, (my favorite one, the one that has hair down her back and she is twirling it as I talk to her) "can I please shave my armpit?" Her answer, "why, it doesn't bother us." Umm no s*#t Sherlock, it's bothering me. She followed that with, "no you can't shave because we are causing so much irritation to your skin that shaving or any other hair removal process with cause too much irritation to the skin."
I look at myself, hairy armpit and down one nipple and I currently don't feel so great about myself, but I know it's temporary. Something that does make me feel great is that I went for a hike yesterday, right after radiation. I did the Gateway Loop out in DC Ranch. I brought some music and did my first hike since chemo started. In my head I was saying, "this is a kick in the butt of cancer." It has been 3 months since chemo, 2 months since surgery and 11 sessions of radiation.
Have you ever heard of ICOE (In Case of Emergency)? Your suppose to put it in your cell phone so if you drop dead emergency personnel know who to call. I told my sister I would use her as my ICOE if anything happened while working out (the hike kicked my patooti), cause if I hadn't died hiking, Jon would kick my butt.
Stay tuned for more fun breast cancer antidotes.
No comments:
Post a Comment