Thursday, September 13, 2012
The beginning of the "bump in the road."
January 21, 2012 - It's Barrett Jackson Saturday and Jon, Bella, Gramps and I are going to see some dream cars. We get home and Jon and I are spending some "quality time" together, wink wink. Things are moving along when.....I say, "what are you doing, giving me a breast exam?" Now I think I'm hilarious but Jon's not laughing. He has me feel my left breast, right behind my nipple. There is a lump the size of an Oreo. I can't tell you how quickly that puts an end to the nooky session. Think car racing down a track and then suddenly slamming on the breaks. So, what does any normal, sane person do...Google it of course. The rest of the afternoon and evening is used for squeezing my boob and comparing what we feel to what we are reading on the Internet. I on the other hand am preparing myself for a trip to my favorite place, The Land of Denial, (no passport needed). I just had my annual OB/GYN visit in November, there was nothing in my boob in November why would there be this big lump 2 months later? I have no family history of cancer in my family. I eat right, exercise, don't smoke, go out to Happy Hour maybe once a month, if that. There is no way this lump is cancer. Now this story would have ended here if it was up to me, alas, it isn't. Jon says I have to call the OB/GYN on Monday. In the Land of Denial things move forward, I've got stuff to do, snuggles and hugs to be handed out to an eight year old. I am not going to think about Monday until it gets here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment